Forum

Gotham Girls Roller Derby

Request for the 9/12 game......

Anything and everything about the girls of Manhattan.

Request for the 9/12 game......

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.10.08 10:37PM

Play Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak" during Mayhem intros. :D
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby KING OF PAIN » 08.12.08 1:12PM

Would you consider the soundtrack to Fox's "Prison Break" instead?
KoP has been deposed by a yellow clad bunch of crazy cabbies.... Even the rest of the Queens have turned on me. You'll soon find me in beautiful downtown Newark rooting for J C B& P. And I'm retiring from my job at the end of this month!
KING OF PAIN

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.12.08 1:31PM

HELLS NO!!!!
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby KING OF PAIN » 08.12.08 1:39PM

Calm down, Spooky.... Perhaps the Mayhem players (who my msg was intended for, NOT YOU) should take a players-only vote on which music THEY should enter to.... To borrow from the Eagles:
We may lose* and we may win
though we will never be here again
so open up, I'm climbin' in,
take it easy...

*: (the vote of course)
KoP has been deposed by a yellow clad bunch of crazy cabbies.... Even the rest of the Queens have turned on me. You'll soon find me in beautiful downtown Newark rooting for J C B& P. And I'm retiring from my job at the end of this month!
KING OF PAIN

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.12.08 3:46PM

Hey Shawn.....

CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby KING OF PAIN » 08.13.08 9:48AM

Methinks that typing in all caps in 24 point (or greater) with a whole bunch of exclamation points afterwards indicates that you were taking my response even more seriously than I took yours. After all, how many of the Mayhem skaters even know who Thin Lizzy was???? At least, I was trying to be in the now (as opposed to the 1970s)....
KING OF PAIN

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.13.08 12:15PM

Shawn, do I REALLY hafta break down the 4th, 5th and 6th walls for you??
Why would ANYONE take what I write or say seriously??? it's obvious you have NO sense of humor. And I hate to say this but that also goes for many of the rollergirls. This is becoming more and more prevelant in sports where the owners, the athletes et all are trying to control the fanbase through pricing fans out & forcing a code of conduct on the fans.
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby KING OF PAIN » 08.13.08 1:19PM

Spooky Mulder asked:
Shawn, do I REALLY hafta break down the 4th, 5th and 6th walls for you??

All I hafta ask ya is dis: Are any of those walls the "Walls of (Chris) Jericho"?
KING OF PAIN

Postby Sweet Sherry Pie » 08.13.08 2:10PM

I know who Thin Lizzy is.
Sweet Sherry Pie
Jersey fresh
Sweet Sherry Pie
Manhattan Mayhem

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.13.08 2:25PM

KING OF PAIN wrote:All I hafta ask ya is dis: Are any of those walls the "Walls of (Chris) Jericho"?

Wakka, wakka. See I have a sense of humor. Oh and buy the way, wrestling is for the young and white trash in 2008.
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby Ana Bollocks » 08.13.08 2:43PM

Sweet Sherry Pie wrote:I know who Thin Lizzy is.

Ditto.

Also: Pricing is hardly a conspiracy in leagues where no one is being paid; it's a way of covering costs.

And any organization, sporting or otherwise, has the right to set standards for conduct at their events, on their message boards, etc. etc. etc.
"Awww... I put the ear in the testicle bucket."
Ana Bollocks
Queens of Pain

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.13.08 3:22PM

Ana Bollocks wrote: And any organization, sporting or otherwise, has the right to set standards for conduct at their events, on their message boards, etc. etc. etc.

Fair enough but it's gonna become a "necessary evil" for leagues to attract mainstream sports fans that can get a lil rowdy (Costa comes to mind) if they wanna stay in business. Trust me if the derby product is good, those sports fans WILL spend max money on yo a$$.
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby margaretthrasher » 08.13.08 5:42PM

Fair enough but it's gonna become a "necessary evil" for leagues to attract mainstream sports fans that can get a lil rowdy (Costa comes to mind) if they wanna stay in business. Trust me if the derby product is good, those sports fans WILL spend max money on yo a$$.[/quote]

Whoa, did you just refer to yourself in the third person?
Why you got yer leavin legs on?
margaretthrasher
Announcer

Postby theoriginaldonald » 08.15.08 2:05PM

margaretthrasher wrote:Fair enough but it's gonna become a "necessary evil" for leagues to attract mainstream sports fans that can get a lil rowdy (Costa comes to mind) if they wanna stay in business. Trust me if the derby product is good, those sports fans WILL spend max money on yo a$$.

Whoa, did you just refer to yourself in the third person?[/quote]

The Original GGRDonald believes you are correct, Thrashy.

The Original GGRDonald
The Original GGRDonald appreciates those more self-absorbed than The Original GGRDonald because The Original GGRDonald knows how muxch hard work that entails! :twisted: :lol:
theoriginaldonald

Re: Request for the 9/12 game......

Postby Escape Goat » 08.15.08 2:25PM

SpookyMulder wrote:Play Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak" during Mayhem intros. :D

On the same page, why not Bon Scott era AC/DC with "jailbreak".

plenty great choices abound...
Escape Goat

Next

Return to Manhattan Mayhem