Forum

Gotham Girls Roller Derby

Denver v AllStars broadcast friday night

Catch up on general GGRD league news and doings.

Denver v AllStars broadcast friday night

Postby hambone » 09.15.11 10:45AM

If you missed the exciting Denver vs. GGRD All-Stars bout at Aviator Field on August 13th,
the NYC Life broadcast will be this Friday night at 12:30am (i.e. Saturday morning)

Spoiler alert: danged good roller derby!

So, it's a busy Friday for Gotham fans:

Friday 4pm - live stream of Gotham vs winner of Dutchland/Maine, from East Regionals.
See wftda.com or NightmareOn95.com for links to the broadcast.
Note: it's not streaming on derbynewsnetwork.com

Friday/Saturday 12:30am - NYC broadcast of Gotham Allstars vs Denver
hambone
Referee

Re: Denver v AllStars broadcast friday night

Postby powerchord » 09.16.11 4:20AM

Hello,

Regarding this post it is possible that the broadcast of the Denver-GGRD Allstars may not be happening this coming Saturday morning 12:30 AM. I was waiting this morning for the GGRD broadcast to air that usually starts at 1:30 AM and saw a History program regarding the Sand Hogs (the men that dig the tunnels under NYC) instead. I thought there was a programming foul up so I waited, and waited, and waited, and no GGRD program. Another program came on after the History program.

I googled NYC Life TV Listings Schedule and noticed there was no foul up after all - See Below: (Scroll down to the early AM listings)

http://www.nyc.gov/html/media/html/sche ... ules.shtml

It looks like they have changed around the programming. It also looks like this coming Saturday AM the Mayhem/Brooklyn? bout will be aired (Home Bout #2 For 2011). The Bronx/Queens bout (Home Bout #1 For 2011) aired Thursday AM and NYC Life seems to be broadcasting these bouts in chronological order.

Next Monday no GGRD again - it will be the History program again instead. I could be wrong about all this but I presume the TV listing is accurate. Oh well. :(

Powerchord.
"Winning starts with beginning"
powerchord

Postby hambone » 09.20.11 3:06PM

Odd, my DVR recorded Gotham v Denver at 12:30am on Saturday.

Good news, the GGRD/Denver NYC life broadcast is now available for streaming on demand!

at:
http://on.nyc.gov/riyHlL
hambone
Referee

Postby Jëf » 09.23.11 3:43PM

I am all discombobulated about NYC Life changing their schedule for Gotham Girls. I don't deal with change well. I was ferklempt for years after I found out they changed Darrens on the old tv show "Bewitched".
Jëf

Postby powerchord » 09.26.11 1:15PM

hambone wrote:Odd, my DVR recorded Gotham v Denver at 12:30am on Saturday.

Good news, the GGRD/Denver NYC life broadcast is now available for streaming on demand!

at:
http://on.nyc.gov/riyHlL

Yes odd indeed. But it gets odder. They broadcasted the Gotham/Denver bout last Tuesday AM & again last Thursday AM. On the NYC Life TV listing they had listed the Bronx vs. Queens (bout #1) for last Tuesday and the Brooklyn vs. Manhattan (bout #2) for last Thursday.

Additionally they changed the time slot from 1:30 - 3 AM to 1 to 2:30 AM during the week (It is still 12:30 AM to 2 Am on Saturday mornings).

Now it looks like they have Gotham Derby being broadcasted only 3 early mornings a week - Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays.

NYC Life's days and times of Gotham bouts still looks correct but the the actual teams competing against each other are not.

Well I guess the old adage "take what you can get" applies here.

Powerchord.
"Winning starts with beginning"
powerchord

Return to News & Announcements