Forum

Gotham Girls Roller Derby

August 13 at Aviator - "Roller Derby Daredevils"

Derby Action, Appearances, Parties, Fund Raisers -
Check here!

Re: August 13 at Aviator - "Roller Derby Daredevils"

Postby hambone » 08.10.11 10:48AM

Bout preview for the 4pm Traitors/Suburbia matchup, from... Thomas Gerbasi!

http://bit.ly/njUAOL
hambone
Referee

Postby hambone » 08.14.11 11:38PM

hambone
Referee

Postby Jay Splatsby » 08.15.11 6:49PM

And an email from my Aunt, who brought her 9 year old Granddaughter (my cousin's daughter, Caitlin), regarding Caitlin's take on the day. My comments in brackets...

Dear Jason,

Caitlin and I really enjoyed the game and the chance for her to get photos and autographs was fabulous. She didn't put down the program book all night and hid it so Connor [her younger brother] wouldnt get to it. She also got a sticker from one of the girls [Suzy, natch] and she particularly loved it. I am sure that she will take the book to school to show her friends and I know that she would want to go to another game. It was interesting to see what an eclectic group of people go to these games. It is hard to catch on to the scoring but got the hang of the jammer. It's like going to hear jazz and waiting for the people to start clapping for each section they enjoy. They really did well too which was great. The girls were so friendly and nice to Caitlin and that was nice and I will definitely show you the pics when I get them....

Thought you'd like to hear it from the mouths of the grandmothers of babes how cool GGRD is.
Jay Splatsby

Postby theoriginaldonald » 08.15.11 7:48PM

no attendance figures?????
You know, It's very strange. I've been In the derby business for so long, now that it's over I don't know what to do with the rest of my life-Cheri Montoya
theoriginaldonald

Postby hambone » 08.18.11 9:26AM

About 500, not including many many staff and participants. A very full room.
For those of you who were not there (COUGH COUGH), the room is decidedly smaller than any of our other previous venues.
hambone
Referee

Postby theoriginaldonald » 08.18.11 8:10PM

hambone wrote:About 500, not including many many staff and participants. A very full room.
For those of you who were not there (COUGH COUGH), the room is decidedly smaller than any of our other previous venues.

So now we have to wait til the Barclays center to open up for a bigger venue.
You know, It's very strange. I've been In the derby business for so long, now that it's over I don't know what to do with the rest of my life-Cheri Montoya
theoriginaldonald

Postby hambone » 08.19.11 2:12AM

theoriginaldonald wrote:So now we have to wait til the Barclays center to open up for a bigger venue.

Gotham Girls Roller Derby WILL play at the Barclays center by 2015 or I'll eat someone's skate.
hambone
Referee

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.19.11 7:41PM

hambone wrote:
theoriginaldonald wrote:So now we have to wait til the Barclays center to open up for a bigger venue.

Gotham Girls Roller Derby WILL play at the Barclays center by 2015 or I'll eat someone's skate.

Nah I'll do one better, if Gotham ultimately can draw Rat City numbers at Barclays, I'll give you a "(redacted by moderator)" Hammy. Unless you got a better idea..... :wink: :P
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Postby theoriginaldonald » 08.19.11 7:42PM

(looks at Costa) we're gonna need a lot more hipsters.
theoriginaldonald

Postby CostaTheCrazyGreek » 08.19.11 10:33PM

theoriginaldonald wrote:(looks at Costa) we're gonna need a lot more hipsters.

Don if they can draw, 4-5-6000 "hipsters" to a Gotham bout at Barclays, I will never say a bad thing about them again. :wink:
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Previous

Return to Bouts & Events