Forum

Gotham Girls Roller Derby

roller derby on mav tv

Not sure how the game works? Here's the place to ask.

roller derby on mav tv

Postby GreenBaySmackers » 08.10.09 10:06PM

i notice that roller derby on MAV tv is down to once a week....why the sudden decrease?....is it because roller derby is losing its popularity with the viewers?....i certainly hope not....ot is it because of that new, what is it called again, roller sports tv, i wish i could get that, but i'm not on a computer i'm on web tv
GreenBaySmackers

Re: roller derby on mav tv

Postby Hewlett Smackard » 08.10.09 10:25PM

GreenBaySmackers wrote:i notice that roller derby on MAV tv is down to once a week....why the sudden decrease?....is it because roller derby is losing its popularity with the viewers?....i certainly hope not....ot is it because of that new, what is it called again, roller sports tv, i wish i could get that, but i'm not on a computer i'm on web tv

Are they still showing reruns of bouts from 2007? I suspect everyone who wants to see those has seen them by now.
Hewlett Smackard

Postby punkyou » 08.10.09 11:45PM

Hewlett Smackard wrote:
GreenBaySmackers wrote:i notice that roller derby on MAV tv is down to once a week....why the sudden decrease?....is it because roller derby is losing its popularity with the viewers?....i certainly hope not....ot is it because of that new, what is it called again, roller sports tv, i wish i could get that, but i'm not on a computer i'm on web tv

Are they still showing reruns of bouts from 2007? I suspect everyone who wants to see those has seen them by now.

Actually it was on 3 times last week... not sure about this week though (haven't scanned through the week yet. the last two weeks they were showing 2008 Nationals!! Prior to that were 2007 bouts.
Punk You
GGRD Referee
punkyou

Postby Ana Bollocks » 08.11.09 11:56AM

Really?!?!?! I was starting to think that the 2008 games would never be on.
"Awww... I put the ear in the testicle bucket."
Ana Bollocks
Queens of Pain

Postby Grand_Poobah » 08.26.09 5:36AM

I've never known anyone with access to MavTV. Two different digital cable systems I've had, no MavTV. I watch last year's Nationals and Western Regionals on rollersport.tv though.
Grand Poobah
Roc City Roller Derby
Grand_Poobah

Postby Hewlett Smackard » 08.29.09 9:43AM

I have no answer for that, I just wanted an excuse to post this:
Hewlett Smackard

Postby D Train » 08.29.09 4:16PM

That game was great! Ah, the atari 2600...
D Train

Location: the intersection of gravesend, midwood and flatbush

Postby eleventy » 09.06.09 5:50PM

i checked out MAV TV for the entire week, and it looks like roller derby isn't on at all.....i don't have access to this new rollersports tv, so, without MAV, i'm sunk....I WANT MY ROLLER DERBY, MAV TV is my lifeline......anybody got some words of encouragement?....i need a shoulder to cry on
eleventy

Postby hambone » 09.08.09 8:44AM

Yes, you do. It's a web site, not a television station. http://www.rollersport.tv/
hambone
Referee

Postby Grand_Poobah » 04.30.10 1:09PM

And sadly, thanks to the video hosting web site deleting her account (and thereby losing countless hours of video uploads) rollersport.tv is going or has gone bye-bye. The last I chatted with her over Facecrack or whatever, she was planning to move to Nevada, which could impact her future plans for her cable access show as well. I'm hopeful she'll be back someday, as I loved her site.

On the upside, we over at Derby News Network (and a number of leagues on their own) are streaming bouts pretty regularly. Thing to know: Sometimes we may not know if we can stream and/or boutcast an event up until hours beforehand. What this means is that rather than announce a week or so beforehand that we're showing a bout and then say "Oops, couldn't do it!" we're more likely to send out a tweet a little while before the bout begins.

If you're hungry for some derby to watch (or read), check DNN out on Saturday and Sunday nights. A little earlier for East Coast bouts, later for West Coast bouts. Generally it's WFTDA interleague bouts, but the L.A. Derby Dolls and whatever WORD rules banked track action they have going on turns up about every third Saturday. As far as other stuff, TXRD, TXRG and some others stream their intraleague bouts. A few leagues have arrangements with their local cable systems to have their bouts streamed via the cable co. Typically if you aren't a subscriber you have to pay to view these bouts.

Availability of streamed video does not seem to make fans want to stay home and watch it on the small screen. Watching on the web is not the same as actually being there, ya know?
Grand Poobah
Roc City Roller Derby
Grand_Poobah

Postby imarseille » 12.09.10 2:06PM

Hello & Thanks,
Did not know about this site.
Now I do.
8)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein
imarseille